Hosea 14- A Final Plea for Repentance

Buy Nine Angry Men

1 O Israel, return to the I AM thy God, because thy sins have caused thee to fall.

2 Go to the I AM and say, "Take away all our sins, and accept us with undeserved favor, so we can praise Thee with our mouths.

3 "Assyria can't save us, and neither can warhorses. We won't turn to our false gods that we have made, either, because Thou are merciful to the orphans."

Hosea is begging Israel to repent. He wants them to promise to give God the worship they have been giving idols. He wants them to quit trying to save themselves through their own army, idol worship and through hiring the Assyrians. He wants them to acknowledge that God is the one taking care of the poor, not the false gods of the land.

If they will do this…

4 I (God) will heal their sinning, I will love them freely, for Mine anger is turned away from them.

5 I will be like the dew to Israel. He will grow and bloom like the lily, and spread his roots deep and wide like the Cedar trees of Lebanon.

6 His branches will spread wide, and his beauty will be like the olive tree, and his smell like the cedars forests of Lebanon.

7 They will live in My shade, they will grow like grain in the field, and spread like a vine. They will smell like the famous wines of Lebanon.

This is a promise of tremendous blessing if they will only repent.

8 Ephraim, stay away from idols! I am the One who Hears you and watches over you. I will shelter you like a mighty fir tree! I am the source of all things good!

9 Those who are wise will understand these things. The prudent will know them. For the ways of the I AM are right, and the just shall walk in them, but sinners will fall in them.