Ezekiel 35

http://www.lulu.com/shop/betty-tracy/from-the-whirlwind-ezekiel/paperback/product-22264744.html

1 Moreover the word of the Lord came unto me, saying,

2 "Son of man, set thy face against mount Seir, and prophesy against it,"

Mount Seir was Jacob’s brother Esau’s land.

3 "And say unto it, 'Thus says the Lord God; Behold, O mount Seir, I am against thee, and I will stretch out Mine hand against thee, and I will make thee most desolate.'"

God was not happy with the descendants of Esau.

4 "'I will lay thy cities waste, and thou shall be desolate, and thou shall know that I am the Lord.

5 "'Because thou have had a perpetual hatred, and have shed the blood of the children of Israel by the force of the sword in the time of their calamity, in the time that their iniquity had an end:'"

When Babylon attacked the Jews, Esau's descendants helped the Babylonians instead of their cousins.

6 "'Therefore, as I live, says the Lord God, I will prepare thee unto blood, and blood shall pursue thee: since thou have not hated blood, even blood shall pursue thee.'"

This is actually a law in God’s world; Whatever you sow, that you will reap.

If you plant tomato seeds you get tomato plants (unless of course you plant them in my garden where you just don’t get anything).

If you plant apple seeds you get apple trees.

If you plant loving kindness and care for your neighbor, you will be loved and cared for.

If you are violent and hateful, you will have violence and hate in your life.

Even pagan religions have noticed this law of God's Universe. The Indian religions call it “Karma.”

Esau was violent to the Jews; they were destroyed with violence.

7 "'Thus will I make mount Seir most desolate, and cut off from it him that passes out and him that returns.

8 "'And I will fill his mountains with his slain men: in thy hills, and in thy valleys, and in all thy rivers, shall they fall that are slain with the sword.

9 "'I will make thee perpetual desolations, and thy cities shall not return: and ye shall know that I am the Lord.'"

Once Babylon was done with Esau they were totally destroyed. They never returned to the land, were never again a people. Now, others did resettle the region but they were not related to Esau in any way.

10 "'Because thou have said, “These two nations and these two countries shall be mine, and we will possess it; whereas the Lord was there:”'"

Esau wanted the land of Judah and Israel as their own. They got greedy.

11 "'Therefore, as I live, says the Lord God, I will even do according to thine anger, and according to thine envy which thou have used out of thy hatred against them; and I will make Myself known among them, when I have judged thee.'"

God used Esau’s descendants to show others that He is God.

12 "'And thou shall know that I am the Lord, and that I have heard all thy blasphemies which thou have spoken against the mountains of Israel, saying, “They are laid desolate, they are given us to consume.”

13 "'Thus with your mouth ye have boasted against Me, and have multiplied your words against Me: I have heard them.'"

The Edomites (a name for Esau’s descendants) had blasphemed God.

14 "'Thus says the Lord God; When the whole earth rejoices, I will make thee desolate.'"

Cyrus sent everyone back to their homeland, but no one returned to Edom.

15 "'As thou didst rejoice at the inheritance of the house of Israel, because it was desolate, so will I do unto thee: thou shall be desolate, O mount Seir, and all Idumea, even all of it: and they shall know that I am the Lord.'"

“Edom” is Hebrew for Esau. “Idumea” is the Greek and Latin version of the same word.