Psalm 4

1
Written for the director of music, to be played on string instruments, by David, I assume for use in congregational worship.

Answer me when I call to You, Supreme God who sees my cause is righteous! You have releaved my destress. Show me grace and listen to my prayer 

2
(This next verse is possibly written to Joab, Abishai, and others of David's own party, who had murdered and lied, bringing David's administration disgrace.)
Sirs, how long will you ruin my reputation with your shameful behavior? How long will you love shadows and live for lies? 
Selah 

3
Know that the I AM has separated the godly for Himself. I AM will listen to every one of my prayers

4
(You have a right to) Be angry, but don't sin. Think about it overnight, and pray about it, and calm down.
Selah 

5
Give morally correct sacrifices. Trust in the I AM (to take care of the situation).

Many ask, "Who can see any good?" Shine the light of Your Face on us, O Great I AM!

7
You, I AM, have filled my heart with more joy than even an abundant harvest can bring.

The Message Bible says:
(6-8 ) Why is everyone hungry for more? “More, more,” they say. “More, more.” I have God’s more-than-enough, more joy in one ordinary day than they get in all their shopping sprees. At day’s end I’m ready for sound sleep, For you, God, have put my life back together.

That really does express the meaning well.

8
I sleep peacefully and soundly because You, Great I AM, keep me safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment