1 Corinthians 4- Servants of Christ



1 So, look at us as servants of the Anointed One, and caretakers of God's mysteries. 


2 What's more, it is required for caretakers to be  faithful. 

3 But I don't care if you judge me, or for that matter, if even human authorities judge me. I don't even judge myself. 

4 Because I am innocent, but that doesn't make me right. but it is the Master who judges me. 

5 And so, don't  judge anything before it's time to, until the Master comes, who will both expose the hidden things of darkness to light, and will reveal the motives of each heart. Then will God give everyone the praise he deserves. 


Do Not Be Proud

6 So, I have used Apollos and myself as examples of these things, brothers, for your benefit, so you can learn from us not to think of anyone as more than what is written, so that none of you will think of your leaders as more important than anyone else. 

7 Who makes you better than anyone else? And what do you have that wasn't given to you? Now, if it was given to you, why do you brag as if it wasn't a gift?

8 Do you already have everything you need? Are you already rich? Are you already reigning like kings? I wish you were, because then we would be reigning kings alongside of you.

9 Sometimes I think that God has put us apostles on display, like prisoners of war at the end of a victory parade, condemned to die, because we have been made into a display to the world, and to pastors, even to all humans. 

10 We are stupid and absurd for the sake of the Anointed One, but you are so wise! We are weak, but you are strong! You are so honorable, but we are dishonoured.

11 Even right now we are both hungry and thirsty, wearing rags and beat up, and have no homes. 

12 And we work with our own hands. When we are insulted, we bless the speaker. When we are persecuted, we bear it. 

13 When we are slandered we answer gently. We are made into the garbage of the universe, and are the trash of the world unto this day.


Paul Warns his Spiritual Children

14 I don't write these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons, I warn you. 

15 Because, even though you have ten thousand teachers in the Anointed One, yet you don't have very many fathers, because in the Anointed One, Jesus, I have fathered you through the gospel. 

16 And so, I beg you, be follow me. 

17 This is why I sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved son, and who is faithful in the Master, who will remind you of my ways which are in the Anointed One, just like I teach everywhere in every church. 

18 Now some are puffed up, as though I would not come to you.

19 But I will come to you soon, if it is the Master' will let me, and will know, not how they talk who are puffed up, but their power. 

20 Because the kingdom of God is not in mere words, but in power. 

21 What do you want? Shall I come to you with a rod of discipline, or in love, and in the spirit of meekness?

No comments:

Post a Comment