Romans 15- Accept One Another



1 So those of us who are strong should carry the weaknesses of the weak, and not live to please ourselves. 


2 Let every one of us please his neighbour in order to build him up.  

3 Because even Christ didn't live to please himself, but, like it is written, "The insults of them that insulted thee fell on me."

Psalm 69:9 "Because zeal for Your house has consumed me, and the insults of those who insult You have fallen on me."

4 For whatever was written before, was written to teach us, so that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. 

5 Now may the God of patience and encouragement give you minds that think alike, that take care of each other the way Christ Jesus took care of others. 

6 That you will in unity and praise glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

7 And so accept each other, like Christ accepted us to the glory of God.

Christ the Servant of Jews and Gentiles

8 Remember that Jesus Christ served the Jews in order to complete the promises made to the Jewish ancestors. 

9 And so the non-Jews would  praise God for His mercy to them, like it is written, "This is why I will talk about Thee among the Gentiles, and sing to Thy Name."


Psalm 18:49 "This is why I will praise You, O I AM, among the nations! I will sing praises to Your name!"

10 And again he says, "Rejoice, you Gentiles, with His people." 

Deuteronomy 32:43 "Rejoice, O heavens, with Him, and let all God's angels worship Him. Rejoice, O Gentiles, with His people; for He will avenge the blood of His children. He will take vengeance on His adversaries and repay those who hate Him; He will cleanse His land and His people."


11 And again, "Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles, and praise Him, all you people."


Psalm 117:1 "Praise the LORD, all you nations! Extol Him, all you peoples!"


12 And again, Isaiah says, "There shall be a root of Jesse, and He that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles, in Him shall the Gentiles trust."


Isaiah 11:10 "On that day the root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples. The nations will seek Him, and His place of rest will be glorious."

13 May God, our source of hope, completely fill you with joy and peace because you believe, so that you may overflow in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.


Paul the Minister to the Gentiles

14 And I know, my brothers, that you are full of goodness, filled with knowledge, and are able to teach each other, too. 

15 Even so, I have written about some things more forcefully, in order to remind you about them, because of the undeserved favor that is given to me by God, 

16 That I should be the minister bringing Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, preaching the gospel of God, so that the Gentiles might become an acceptable offering to the Holy Ghost. 

17 That is why I am proud of my work for God, through Jesus Christ. 

18 For I won't boast about anything except what Christ has done through me, to bring the Gentiles to obedience in both word and deed, 

19 Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God, so that from Jerusalem, all around, all the way to Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ. 

20 Yes, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was already known, lest I should build on another man's foundation,

21 But just like it is written, "To whomever He was not spoken of, they shall see, and they that have not heard shall understand.


Isaiah 52:15 "So shall he sprinkle many nations. The kings will shut their mouths at Him, for that which had not been told them shall they see, and that which they had not heard shall they consider."

22 Which is also why I have been delayed so long in coming to you.

Paul's Plan to Visit Spain and Rome

23 But now that my work is done around here, and since I have really wanted to come see you for years, 

24 When I travel to Spain, I will come to see you, and to spend some time enjoying your company. Then you can help me on my way to finish my trip. 

25 But now I am going to Jerusalem to minister to the saints. 

"Saints" means "Christians."

26 Because those of Macedonia and Achaia have happily put together a gift for the poor saints who are at Jerusalem. 

Because of persecution, many of the Christians in Jerusalem were suffering extreme poverty. The believers in other cities are sending relief to them.

27 They have been happy to do this because they owe those in Jerusalem something. Since the Gentiles have been made part of the Christian Jew's spiritual things, their duty is to minister to them in physical things. 

28 So when I finish this errand and given them this gift, I will come to you on my way into Spain.

29 And I am sure that, when I am there with you, our time will be blessed by Christ.

30 Now I beg you, brothers, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that you join me in my work by praying regularly to God for me.


31 That I will be delivered from those who do not believe in Jesus, in Judaea, and that my gift which I have for Jerusalem may be accepted by the saints. 

32 That it is God's will that I come to you with joy and be refreshed. 

33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment