Romans 16- Personal Greetings and Love



1 I want you to look at Phebe, our sister, who serves the church at Cenchrea. 


2 That you welcome her in the Master's Name, in the way that is worthy of those who follow Christ, and that you help her in anything she is doing that you can help her with, because she has been a great help to many people, including me. 

3 Say "Hi." to Priscilla and Aquila, my co-workers in Christ Jesus,

4 Who risked their lives for me. And I'm not the only one who is thankful to them, all the non-Jewish churches are also. 

Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my much-loved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia for Christ. 

6 Greet Mary, who worked hard for us. 

7 Salute Andronicus and Junia, my relatives, who were prisoners with me, who are of note among the apostles, who have been saved longer than I have. 

8 Greet Amplias, my dear friend in the Lord. 

9 Say "Hi" Urbane, our helper in Christ, and Stachys my friend. 

10 Say "Hi" to Apelles whose loyalty to Christ has been proved. Greet them which are of Aristobulus' household. 

11 Say "Hi" to Herodion, my relative. Greet them that are in Narcissus' family, who are in the Lord. 

12 Pay my respects to Tryphena, Tryphosa, and Persis who have worked hard for the Master. 

These are three women in Rome. Tyrphena and Tryphosa were possibly sisters.

13 Say "Hi." to Rufus,  chosen in the Lord, and his mother, who has been a mother to me, also. 

14 Say "Hi." to Asyncritus, Phlegon, Hermas, Patrobas, Hermes, and all the other brothers who are with them. 

15 Say "Hi." to Philologus, and Julia, Nereus, and his sister, and Olympas, and all the saints (believers) who are with them. 

16 Greet each other in love. The churches of Christ send their greetings. 


Avoid Divisions

17 Now I beg of you, brothers, watch out for those who cause trouble, dividing you, and creating obstacles to people's faith through teaching things other than what you have already learned. Stay away from them. 

18 Because they don't serve our Boss, Jesus Christ, but their own interests, and by flattering words and pretty speeches, they fool those who are not yet mature.

19 For everyone has heard about your obedience, and I am so happy for you! But still, I want you to be wise in all things good, and innocent of any evil. 

20 And our God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. May the favor of our Boss Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.


Greetings from Paul's Companions

21 Timothy, my co-worker, and Lucius, Jason, and Sosipater, my relatives, salute you.

22 I Tertius, who wrote this letter down for Paul, greet you in the Lord.

23 Gaius, my host, and this whole church, says "Hi." Erastus, the city treasurer,  send his greetings, as does our brother Quartus. 


24 The favor of our Boss, Jesus Christ, be with you all. Amen.

Doxology

25 Praise God! He makes you strong through the message of the Good News, the message of Jesus Christ the Anointed One, that I have preached to you. From the beginning this message was kept a secret. 

26 But now it is made plain, and through the writings of the prophets, according to the instructions of the eternal God, made known to all nationalities so they can be obedient through faith.

27 Now because of Jesus and what He did, we can praise the only wise God forever! So let us do that! (Written to the Romans from Corinthus, and sent by Phebe, a worker in the church at Cenchrea.)

No comments:

Post a Comment