1 Corinthians 13- Love


1 Even if I speak with all the languages of the human race and the language of the angels, but don't have love in my heart, I am nothing more than a ringing gong or a clanging cymbal. 

2 Even if I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and know everything there is to know on the earth, and have so much faith that I could move mountains, but don't have love in my heart, I am nothing.

3 Even if I give everything I own to feed the poor, and sacrifice myself, but I don't have love in my heart, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind. Love does not envy or boast about itself, it isn't proud,

5 Love is not rude, selfish, or easily angered. It doesn't keep an account of wrongs. 

6 Love is not happy about sin, but celebrates the truth.

7 It never gives up, never loses faith, always has hope, always endures. 

8 Love never fails. Prophecies will stop. Languages come to an end. Knowledge is dismissed. 

9 For our knowledge is incomplete, and prophesies don't reveal everything. 

10 But when that which is perfect arrives, then that which is just partial will go away. 

11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I understood like a child, I thought like a child. But when I became a man, I set aside childish things. 

12 Right no we only see a dim reflection, like looking in a dark mirror. But then we will see like being face to face. Now I only know a part, but then I will know everything even like I am known by God. 

13 And now these three things will always be around- faith, hope, and love, but the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment